Wednesday, December 8, 2021

If You Wanna Know….

I’m going to be transparent. I LOVE Christmas. I love the lights, I love the joy, I love the giving, I love the family, I love the food, and yep…I kinda love receiving. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1iZlPWmA_ljvbBUhrWcb8bt2tkgowvk-5

I want to please everyone. I want everyone to be happy. I want it to be wonderful.

And cue David. Usually beginning with fall harvest, we begin to struggle with sickies and allergies that get bad. Like dr 3 times in 10 days bad. And moods and unknowns and just a bunch of other shit that I have no idea how to handle. It makes me tired and cranky and frustrated and wanna pull my hair out.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=192tozwCC700thp7T4z2tCtMp2Gcl6a7a

And what do you buy the boy who only plays with hats and mirrors? And won’t leave clothes on. And doesn’t understand a lick of WHY he has to be around extra people and out of his routine. He’s basically the opposite of me and is quite Grinchy. 

I am not the only mother of a special needs child that needs their routine, likes what they like, or struggles in the winter with illness. Sooo…kinda keep many of my friends in real life and virtual ones in your thoughts for the next few weeks. Our kids aren’t ok with this stuff. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1FCd6TP2fYQWk4I0optcv2mwmBjNqZ9tD

My mom ALWAYS made Christmas something to remember when we were kids. She’s always made it something special for us as adults. And for the grandkids. COVID changed everything last year and we didn’t have Christmas at my parents house last year. And this year we’ve had changes and the grandkids are getting older and while we’re going over there this year (YAY!!)….it’s going to be different.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1g2DPzkQaxmkS-mFgPPLre8MepBK3p0pQ

My favorite day of the year will be great still. I will have my sisters and parents and nieces and nephews and in-law people and Moe. But I won’t have my kids this year for the first time in their entire lives and I’m sad about it. It’s reality and Kyle is older and their dad hasn’t had them for 2 years in a row because he’s been working and he totally deserves to have the boys and Kyle is excited. David will be David and I’m sure they’ll still have an amazing weekend and so will I. If this pandemic has taught me anything, it has been to adapt. We will be doing Christmas with the boys during the day on the 24th and they’ll be heading off to be with their dad that night and through the weekend. 

Learning to love this way of life is one of growth and determination for me. My boys have 2 parents who love them. Cheers to you and your loved ones and adapting to new things and celebrating the traditions that we also keep close to our hearts. 🎄❤️🎅🏻😍❤️

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1XoDlvMFvCRMVjsY8hjdNC1hg0jd7vd0o

(Did I mention the food??? I love the Christmas food. I’m alllll about the Christmas food. It’s gonna be good food.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment