Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tomorrow

Tomorrow you turn 13.

It boggles my mind that 13 years have gone by with you. We have honestly had the best of times and the worst of times in these years. You made me a mom. Then you made me a mom of a special needs child. Most people probably don't use the word "lucky" to describe us. I would. We are lucky to have had the opportunity to love you. You don't know you're turning 13. You don't know that you can't have cake or ice cream to celebrate. But we celebrate you. You are so special to us.

To me, you equal home. I know wherever you are, I will be also. You have filled my heart with the power to love someone so wholly without having you return the words I would love to hear from you. But you have shown me with your beautiful smile. Almost every day of your life. Your innocence is splendid. Your heart knows no hurt. I wish that for so many people and such a select few get that chance.

I think one of the best quotes that could be associated with us and our love for you would be this:

"One of the happiest moments ever is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change."

We have 100% done this and accepted you for you and what God wanted you to be. A light to touch so may peoples' hearts.

Happy Birthday, David Webb. We love you to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment