Thursday, May 9, 2019

7+6; 9+4; 10+3 (No Matter How You Add It Up, You're 13!)

Kyle Matthew......

I cannot believe that you're 13 now. These years have flown by. The good and the bad and the spectacular and the disappointing.



You are one of the biggest blessings in my life. You are also sometimes one of my biggest headaches. I think it's because you and I both share the same sarcastic humor, stubbornness, and the fact that we both wear our hearts on our sleeves. There are days there isn't enough room for both of our personalities!



We've thrown a lot of stuff at you this year. Some you handled like a champ and some things were a little bit harder. But you're asking questions, You're processing. You're dealing.....not always well, but dealing.



Your dad and I love you so incredibly much. You are David's very best friend in this world. The dogs love you and they love you more when you remember to feed them on time. You worked hard in track this year and got some new PR's. You struggled a little learning to hold up your end of responsibilities. We have some work ahead of us as you venture into this teenage world. But we survived the preteen stage. So I think we'll make it through.



No matter what. Keep being you. I used to want to change who you were. I wanted you to be more outgoing. More open. More me. Turns out......while we're similar, you are you. Not me. And I never want to change you heart or your personality or your wit.



And readers......If you've never had a chance to break through Kyle's exterior shell.....You are missing out on something wonderful!!!


Happy 13th Buddy! I love you so much!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment