Friday, July 1, 2011

Vacation Time

We recently arrived home from our yearly vacation to South Carolina. It's a long drive with the boys, but they are both really well behaved in the car. Kyle usually watches movies or plays with his animals and David gazes out the window for long periods of time, which is what seems to be causing his car sickness issue for the last several long trips. Let's just say that we travel with a lot of clean towels and when we arrive, we have lots of dirty ones!
Kyle was super excited to go this year because we were overlapping 3 days there with my parents. The last time we did this, Kyle was 1 and doesn't remember. Kyle was Grandpa's best buddy while they were there and we went to the pool or beach with them everyday. My dad even watched the boys while Michael, myself, and my mom all enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the Melting Pot in Savannah. That made me a little nervous since I'm pretty sure my dad hasn't changed many diapers in a VERY long time-especially not an 11 year old's! But he did a wonderful job and we had a great time out without the boys, which is a rare occurence.
When my parents left, friends of ours who live in the same town as my parent's home arrived back in town and we got to spend some fun time hanging out with them. It's always fun to visit with old friends and we try to see them every year!
I think this was the most laid back vacation we've had yet and it was wonderful. The boys were both well behaved (although David had an extremely hard time getting used to not being at home and had a difficult time sleeping) and we enjoyed just hanging out at the pool with them. Kyle is SO close to learning how to swim without his water wings on and was even doing somersaults underwater without any help! David LOVES the zero entry pool since it allows us to just sit and splash rather than fight him in higher waters. Michael and I took turns hanging out with the boys in the different sections of the pool so we can enjoy equal time with both of them. They are both growing up so quickly, especially Kyle. He has learned so much in the past year and matured a lot. He loves his independence!
While I was sad to leave, I was happy to arrive home. To have my whole family (the 2 dogs included) get back into a routine was so nice. And it's always better sleeping in your own bed! So until next year when we go back to SC, I will  treasure the memories we made this year!
And for those who heard the alligator story-we did not bring him home as much as Kyle would have liked to!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment