Thursday, May 31, 2012

School's Out

Well, it's official. I have a child going into 1st grade. And one who gets to stay where he is (YAY!).  I've never had a child in the regular school world. It's so strange. David brings notes home every day to let me know how his day was since he can't tell me.  What went on in Kyle's day has to be DRAGGED out of him. Even then, I don't know much. But then the most random thing will come up, so I at least know he learned something new during school.
Since school has been out, we've made it to the zoo on a beautiful day. We haven't been to a big zoo since Kyle was 3. He was so much fun this time and really really excited to see all the big animals. David did pretty good too. We actually got him to focus on a large aquarium with a lot of fish for about 15-20 seconds. Pretty good in the world of David.
Our summer will be as follows: play dates, swimming, vacation, play dates, work, free movies, walks, and more play dates. Kyle has an extreme social calendar :) It helps me out when he's at a friend's. I try to plan my work schedule around those. I am fortunate enough to be able to take my kids to work with me (the perks of working for your dad). Unfortunately, Kyle doesn't think he's so lucky sometimes when he comes with me. Every 25 minutes (when commercial time rolls around), he is either hungry, thirsty, or bored.
We will be headed back to SC again this year. We will overlap with my mom and my aunt for a couple of days, which will allow Michael and I one very rare night out together. After that, we will probably have to wait another year before it rolls around again! I took him to The Melting Pot for the first time last year, and we really liked that, so that's probably where we will head again.

Hopefully summer will be good to us. Run smoothly. It probably won't. It never does. There are always some kind of bump in the road. But one can hope :)





No comments:

Post a Comment