Monday, February 17, 2014

14

Every year I find myself writing the same things about you on your birthday. I just get to add another year. Today you turn 14. You've given us another year of loving you. It's so hard to believe that you are turning into a young little man. We've had our frustrations of your mind being like a 6 month old's stuck in this 14 year old body that's the size of a 9 year old's body. It's all quite confusing. To us & to you.

But it's ok. Because we'll love you no matter what you're going through. I will go through the frustrating days with you while we wait for a day filled with laughter & giggles. You never disappoint. You always come back to your happy disposition even after days, and a few times after weeks, of crying & biting out of frustration. I know that always comes from the lack of communication that you're able to give us. But you always come back to happy.

Those happy times have been some of the happiest days of my life. I love your smile. I love your laugh. I love the few times that you've found the coordination to actually squeeze me to give me a hug. I love all of you. From the moon, to the stars, to the heavens above. Always & forever, buddy.

I make a big deal about your birthday every year. Even though you have no idea what's going on. Since you can't shout it from the roof tops that you're another year older, I'll do it for you.


Happy 14th, David Webb! You are one of my biggest blessings on this earth.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment